Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Downward dog, upward butts (As told by Liz)

My back was bothering me one day at work and I complained about it to Tina a few times (perhaps several). Len was coming in that afternoon to pick Tina up and she said she was sure he'd have some advice. I'd heard all about Len's kettle bells and Yoga expertise so I figured he'd be a good person to ask. When Len arrived Tina asked if he could suggest some stretches that might help my back. Without much preamble he got down on the floor of Tina's office in the downward dog Yoga position. I think I stared at him for a moment before realizing he expected us to follow along but Tina I both got into downward dog (much less gracefully than Len) and he enthusiastically led us through several other Yoga positions and stretches. I'm sure that anyone walking by Tina's office seeing all three of us with our butts up in the air or in other varied odd positions, wondered what the heck we were up to. But, Len really seemed to enjoy helping me out despite the fact that Tina and I giggled through the whole thing and probably were not very good students. And, my back did feel much better when we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave stories or any other comments here